SAND CREEK festival, inc. PRESENTS
Belly Flop Insanity
Saturday, July 9
The term Belly Flop is defined as: an awkward, usually unintentional dive in which the front of the body strikes the water horizontally, the abdomen or chest bearing the brunt of the impact. Whether is this on purpose or by accident it still stings! This painful sport originated in Oslo, Norway in the 1960’s. It continues to this day in professional and armature events to this day.
The mission statement of the Newton Recreation Department is: To improve the health, quality of life and recreational opportunities for all residents in USD #373 in collaboration with the community. And in keeping with this, the NRC is partnering with the Sand Creek Summer Daze Festival to host this awesome event. The Belly Flop Insanity Contest will be a spectacular event with laughs and ooh’s and ah’s galore! Watch dare devils of all ages compete and risk their sometimes bare skin in this totally insane contest. You’ll never become “numb” to the jaw dropping action. Come out and see Newton’s brand new municipal pool and all the “cool” things it has to offer the residents of Newton! The event will be free to anyone wanting to attend.
Simply visit the Newton Rec Center for information on signing up to participate in this event
Each contestant and any supporter(s) entering the closed pool must have a Sand Creek Summer Daze Button on to enter the pool facilities during the competition.
- Two Divisions
- Youth – 16 and under
- Adult – 17 and older
- Belly Flops have to be the standard stomach to water flop
- Each participant receives two attempts
- Scores are given by the judges for each attempt
- Judges scores are added up for total
- Highest scoring attempt will be recorded
- First Place – 3 month wellness pass
- Second Place – 1 month wellness pass
- First Place – 10 Daily Passes to City Pool
- Second Place – 5 Daily Passes to City Pool