Sand Creek Summer Daze Important Info
2020 Festival Updates
Due to the rise of Covid19 in our direct region, the City of Newton as well as Harvey County government taking proactive actions for public safety and the financial security of Sand Creek Summer Daze going forward, the executive committee has decided to cancel the festival for the 2020 year. The initial planning stages of next year have already begun, as we are looking to expand events and the number of days in 2021. We want to thank these governing bodies for their insight and trust in us as a festival. With the ever-changing planning process, we will not be able to know the exact format of next year’s festival nor the date yet. However, the events on this website will carry over next year and keep close attention to our Facebook page as the additional days and events are added!
The 2022 Sand Creek Summer Daze Festival will be the most interactive and enjoyable ever! Every year we strive to update our returning events and bring in new and exciting ones. We know all who pass through the gates next year will find something that they will love! Pricing will remain the same, $4 at all pre-sale events, and $5 at the gates. Any group wishing to purchase 100 or more buttons may do so for a $3 fee. Ages 5 and under are always free. All pre-sale events will be listed on the website and Facebook site throughout the year.
$4 – Pre-sale
$5 – at Gate
Children 5 & under are free
Corporate or Organization Bulk Button Pricing
100 buttons or more = $3
Where to purchase buttons:
Sand Creek Summer Daze Kick-off Event: (Spring 2021 – Place & Time TBA): ($3) Buying buttons at these events or locations will get a you an entry for a chance to win Sand Creek Charlie’s Golden Ticket!
Other Newton Events: ($3 – Places & Times TBA)
Pre-Festival Locations: ($4 – Dates T.B.A.)
- Midland National Bank (527 N Main Street | 1212 Washington Rd Locations)
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services (616 N Main Street)
- B&B Lumber – Newton (1601 W First St)
The festival will have a first aid station set up in the northeast area of the festival, near the rock shelter building.
If you are a member of the media who wishes to film, photograph or broadcast from the festival, media badges are available and may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Parking & Public Transportation
Parking will only be available inside Athletic park in the west parking lot and right side of the circle drive as well as the parking spots around the circle drive. The grass lot across from the 4H building will also be open for festival parking with trolley service. Banners will show this parking area. See parking map (HERE) for details.
Why not ride your bike to the park and store it safely at the festival. You can park your bike just inside the North Gate of the festival. They will be secure inside the fencing. See a map of the festival grounds to view the gate location.
Do you or an organization wish to help volunteer for our community festival? Contact us at email@example.com
Do’s & Dont’s
- Buy your buttons early.
- Remember to bring and wear your button at all times to and inside the festival grounds.
- Bring your phone for surprise giveaways during the festival.
- Wear sunscreen and comfortable footwear.
- Check out the interactive map of the festival on the mobile or regular site.
- Check the website weekly for special added events and other fun contests.
- Allow ample time for possible bag checks at the gate.
- Bring cash for buttons, various concessions and memorabilia inside the festival.
- Ride bicycles, scooters, skateboards etc. inside of festival grounds.
- Bring coolers or outside food or beverages inside festival areas.
- Bring pets of any kind into the festival grounds. (therapy and other medical pets allowed)
- Bring weapons of any kind inside festival areas.
- Drones and aerial vehicles are not allowed to fly over the festival at any time without prior authorization. (see media info below) Local authorities will be contacted.
- Sell any item, food or otherwise not approved by the festival on or in the parking lots around the festival or inside the festival gates