Summer Daze Important Info
2019 Festival Updates
Greeting from the Sand Creek Summer Daze Committee,
The 2019 Sand Creek Summer Daze Festival has been updated and ready for your enjoyment. We are bringing back many of the popular events as well as introducing eight new ones. We know all who pass through the gates this year will find something that they will love! Pricing will remain the same, $4 at all pre-sale events, and $5 at the gates. Any group wishing to purchase 50 or more buttons may do so for a $3 fee. Ages 5 and under are free. All pre-sale events will be listed on the website throughout the year.
Major Updates & Changes:
- Public Transportation for Seniors and others! With a generous donation from Millennium Machine & Tool, the elderly and others will have bus transportation to and from the festival’s front gate. The pick up spots and time schedule will be announced in July.
- The Fantastic Food Truck-o-rama will be outside of the north gates, so that the public can sample the delicious smells emanating from the area without having to enter the grounds. We are hoping this will pull more people into the park grounds.
- We have also eliminated all concert ticket pricing. With the support of Newton businesses, we can now allow the public free access to most all events, minus the Hard Redz Home Brewing Competition.
- Some events have moved locations and days/times on which they will be held. This is for a more enjoyable and better flowing festival. Some of these include:
- We will host another Kansas City BBQ Society sanctioned competition. This will be a Master Series event for teams to gain points. The Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition Public Tasting & The Seedz of Sand Creek Concert will be held Friday, August 16th in the west parking lot of the park
Where to purchase buttons:
April 6 until July 28, 2019: ($4) Buying buttons at these events or locations will get a you an entry for a chance to win Sand Creek Charlie’s Golden Ticket!
Newton’s End of Summer Blowout Ticket Event – Friday, June 21st 4 pm to 7 pm Wild Prairie Event Center (1610 SE 3rd St) Special $3 button event!
July 29 to August 15, 2019: ($4)
- Midland National Bank (527 N Main Street | 1212 Washington Rd Locations)
- First Bank (128 E Broadway | 1404 S Kansas Ave | 1216 N Main, inside Dillon’s | 347A N Old Highway 81, Hesston, KS )
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services (616 N Main Street)
Millennium Machine & Tool is sponsoring a public bus route which will run every two hours from 9 am to 4 pm to a gate of the festival on Friday and Saturday. The Saturday evening travel times and the exact route will be posted by August 1.
The festival will have a first aid station set up in the northeast area of the festival, near the rock shelter building.
If you are a member of the media who wishes to film, photograph or broadcast from the festival, media badges are available and may be obtained by emailing email@example.com with your request.
Parking will only be available inside Athletic park on the east parking lot and west side parking spots of the circle drive. The grass lot across from the 4H building will also be open for festival parking. Banners will show this parking area. See parking map (HERE) for details.
Why not ride your bike to the park and store it safely at the festival. Our friends at Newton Bike Shop will man a secured bike corral located at the northeast side of Athletic Park. See maps of festival grounds to view the exact location.
Do you or an organization wish to help volunteer for our community festival? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do’s & Dont’s
- Buy your buttons early.
- Remember to bring and wear your button at all times to and inside the festival grounds.
- Bring your phone for surprise giveaways during the festival.
- Wear sunscreen and comfortable footwear.
- Check out the interactive map of the festival on the mobile or regular site.
- Check the website weekly for special added events and other fun contests.
- Allow ample time for possible bag checks at the gate.
- Bring cash for buttons, various concessions and memorabilia inside the festival.
- Ride bicycles, scooters, skateboards etc. inside of festival grounds.
- Bring coolers or outside food or beverages inside festival areas.
- Bring pets of any kind into the festival grounds. (therapy and other medical pets allowed)
- Bring weapons of any kind inside festival areas.
- Drones and aerial vehicles are not allowed to fly over the festival at any time without prior authorization. (see media info below) Local authorities will be contacted.
- Sell any item, food or otherwise not approved by the festival on or in the parking lots around the festival or inside the festival gates