SAND CREEK festival, inc. PRESENTS
The Mythical Medallion Hunt
The Sand Creek Charlie Mythical Medallion Hunt, sponsored by Pro Fencing, begins on Friday, August 9, 2019, when a hand-crafted medallion will be hidden on public property somewhere in Newton. Clues will be released on the Sand Creek Summer Daze Festival Facebook site and on the Newton Now webpage at 8:00 a.m. every morning until the medallion is found. Clues will also be posted in the window of the Newton Now office located at 706 N Main St. Clues will not be given over the phone at any location. The medallion will be located on public property within the Sand Creek basin and surrounding areas. It will be located in an easily accessible spot. LOCATING THE MEDALLION DOES NOT REQUIRE THE DESTRUCTION OF PUBLIC PROPERTY. Please review and follow The Mythical Medallion Hunt, sponsored by Pro Fencing, rules below for complete guidelines:
Sand Creek Festival, Inc, Pro Fencing or the Newton Now staff will not answer questions regarding the Medallion search. Medallion hunters can access the clues at the following locations: The Sand Creek Summer Daze Facebook page, the Newton Now web page, and the window of the Newton Now offices, located at 706 N Main St.
Once the medallion is found and verified, the Festival’s website and participating local media will notify the public regarding the location and time of the formal press conference and award presentation.
- The medallion is NOT hidden on private property or on Newton City /County Airport property.
- The medallion is located on public property near Sand Creek, not exclusive to City parks.
- If you are looking in City parks for the Festival Medallion, you must observe park curfews — check local laws for park curfew times.
- The medallion is easily accessed.
- You do NOT need a ladder and do NOT need to climb.
- You will be able to remove the medallion easily from its location.
- You do NOT need to dig or DESTROY property.
- The medallion CANNOT be located with a metal detector.
- The medallion is NOT hidden on or in a building.
- You must be 18 years or older to present the medallion and claim the prize.
- Proper photo identification (valid Driver’s License, Passport, State ID, Military ID) is required to claim the prize.
- All participants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Sand Creek Festivals, Inc, its sponsors, and the media have the right to publicize, or broadcast the winner’s name, photo, or personal interview.
- All prizes are non-transferable. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
- Winner understands and agrees that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
- Upon confirmation of the find and eligibility, the winner will be announced and awarded the prize.
- Upon finding the medallion, immediately follow directions to claim the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to search for the Pro Fencing Sand Creek Charlie Mythical Medallion and/or win.
- Employees and their families of Sand Creek Festival, Inc, Pro Fencing or The Newton now are not eligible to win.
- Participant assumes all risk and releases the Sand Creek Festival, Inc, Pro Fencing & the Newton Now from liability for any injuries or damages to themselves.
- The Sand Creek Charlie Mythical Medallion Hunt, sponsored by Pro Fencing, prize package will be awarded to the first-eligible person to find the medallion. The prize package ensures that the lucky sleuth has a great time at this year’s Sand Creek Summers Daze Festival.
- It includes:
- Two festival admission buttons
- Festival t-shirt in your specific size
- The treasure-hunt begins on Friday, August 9, 2019. The first, and subsequent clues, will be released by Sand Creek Charlie on the Sand Creek Summer Daze Facebook page, the Newton Now web page, and the window of the Newton Now offices, located at 706 N Main St, daily at 8:00 am.
- It includes: