SAND CREEK festival, inc. PRESENTS
saucy & glazed bbq public tasting
It may be the end of summer, but it’s still BBQ season! Come out Friday night to sample some brilliant competition BBQ, taste craft beer from local breweries, sip on superb wine from local wineries and listen to live music! The Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition is in its second year as a Kansas City BBQ Society Master Series Sanctioned Contest. Master Series Sanctioned Contests are eligible for the American Royal and the Jack Daniels World Championship. In addition, all KCBS team members who participate in a Master Series Sanctioned Contest earn points towards the KCBS Team of the Year awards.
Friday, Aug 14, – 5:30 to 7:00 pm
* Friday night stroll to Area 5 (east parking lot) of the festival to participate in the People’s Choice section of the Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition to sample and vote on your favorite BBQ! With a festival button you get 12 tasting tickets and a one token to vote for your favorite entry. Additional tickets and tokens can be purchased at the event.
* Stop by the Traeger tent to watch and sample deliciousness from a Traeger representative as he demonstrates pellet BBQ-ing at its finest with a variety of different foods from your local Gillispie Meats and Meridian Grocery of Newton.
* Listen to the sounds of TO BE ANNOUNCED while satisfying your taste buds.
* Beer and wine will be available for purchase from your favorite local breweries and wineries.
Saturday, Aug 17 – All Day
* The Saucy & Glazed BBQ Competition is in full force. Stroll the grounds and get whiffs of delicious BBQ aroma and watch teams perfect their craft.
* Watch the Kids Q’ competition and witness Newton’s young BBQ er’s go head to head for the best tasting hamburger in Newton. For more information or details, click HERE.