SAND CREEK festival, inc. PRESENTS
Wiener Dog Races and Costume Contest
Saturday, July 9
11:30 – 12:30pm
SCSD and Caring Hands Humane Society welcomes you to the cutest, most fun and enjoyable event of the festival. Watch a motley crew of cute “hotdogs” race to see who is the top “DOG” in Newton! Be sure to yell for your favorite dachshund when the race official sounds the “go” whistle! This is a friendly competition on a grass track stretching about 100 human feet from start to finish. But don’t be surprised if more than a few dogs take time out along the way to socialize with fans and onlookers!
Along with the race we will be having a Dachshund costume contest. Dress up your fur baby in a cute outfit and win a little “kibble” for the both of you!
Registration: You can register your Doxie here:
Fee: All fess go directly to the Caring Hands Humane Society!
- Costume Contest Donation Fee: $25 or worthy donation
- Race Donation Fee: $25 or worthy donation
- Costume Contest:
- Cutest Male Costume Wi(e)nner – $25
- Cutest Female Costume Wi(e)nner – $25
- First Place: $50
- Second Place: $35
- Third Place: $25
- No other breed of dog’s are allowed in the festival gates at any time during the SCSD Festival. (except emotional support and service dogs)
- All Doxie’s parents will be required to purchase a festival button to participate and gain entrance to the SCSD Festival. (we are a not for profit as well)
- Pre-registration and check in end at 11:00 am.
- While we accept registration entries on the day of the event, the owner(s) must be there by 10:15 to pay and enter their Doxie’s day of race.
- Okay, so we admire Greyhounds as much as the next guy, but fair is fair. So only genuine, low-to-the-ground Dachshunds (Real Wiener Dogs) will be allowed to race. And we reserve the right to determine which dogs are wieners, and which dogs are not.
- All racers must vouch that their dog is current on their shots. All owners are required to sign a waiver releasing event sponsors and volunteers from liability.
- The number of qualifying heats will be dependent on the total number of registered dogs. The first-place dog from each heat will compete in additional rounds to narrow down the field to the finals.
- All dogs must have two people to race. One handler at the start and one at the finish.
- You can use treats, toys, or stuffed animals to entice your dog towards the line. No lights, laser pointers or items thrown down the track will be allowed.
- All dogs must start the dash with all paws on the ground. No throwing or tossing the dog over the line or you will be disqualified. First dog completely across the finish line will be the winner. All judges decisions are final. (*Tip for all catchers…The closer you are to the finish line, the more likely your dog is to slow down before the finish line. Please stay back from the line.)
- Once all paperwork and registration has been submitted your dog will be submitted into the draw
- No humans on the dog track area.
- All dogs must be on a leash at-all-times while not in the race area. Once finished with the races they must be put back on their leashes. Any dog that bites another dog, person or handler must leave the festival grounds immediately.
- Please remember that this is a fund raiser and totally for fun! Although prizes are up for grabs no inappropriate behavior will be accepted.
- The race course will be approximately 100 feet.
REMEMBER: you do not have to have a “dog” in the race! Donations to Caring Hands Humane Society will be greatly appreciated and there will be a donation box at the races. There will also have a few fur babies that need a new home. Come see them and get licked with loving kisses!